Calling all watermelon lovers! I know you all live gin – so that’s a given. What’s more refreshing than the sweet, juicy flavour of watermelon? It tastes like pool parties, summer sun, flip flops and suntan lotion (not really, but you get my drift). So I thought, why not infuse that carefree flavour with gin to keep the summery vibe going? Today I’m sharing one of my absolute favourite summer drinks. A beautiful and fresh variation on a G&T. Rose water syrup pressed with fresh watermelon. Yummo!
- 50ml gin (replace with 25ml of cranberry juice if you are embracing dry January)
- 12.5ml rose water syrup
- 12.5ml lemon cordial 2 chunks of fresh watermelon Top up with tonic water Rose petals for garnish
- Place the chunks of watermelon in the glass.
- Add rose syrup.
- Muddle the watermelon with the rose syrup.
- Add cubed ice and lemon cordial.
- Add gin (or cranberry juice)
- Top up with tonic water.
- Stir it in with a swizzle stick.
- Garnish with rose buds and a little umbrella.
Cheers to summer and 202FUN!