While we still have time on our hands and many of us are feeling extra experimental, try making these deliciously zesty G&T pancakes for breakfast or better yet a long boozy brunch. They’re simple to make and a great change up on an old favourite. So pass on the lemon, cinnamon and sugar and forget the Nutella. These pancakes will get any morning off to an excellent start.
They are not hard to make either:
200gr Self Raising Flour
200ml Tonic Water
50ml Gin of your choice
Gin Sugar Syrup
4 Tbs Sugar
4 Tbs Gin
Juice of 2 Limes
1. For the gin syrup: Add the sugar, gin and lime juice into a saucepan.
2. Boil on a high heat for several minutes. Take off the heat when the syrup has a thick consistency.
3. For the gin pancakes: Combine the self-raising flour, tonic water, gin, milk and egg into a large mixing bowl and whisk vigorously.
4. Heat butter or coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
5. Add 1-2 tablespoons of the pancake mixture to the pan. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side — until they become a lovely golden brown colour.
6. Stack the pancakes onto a favourite plate and drizzle the gin syrup over the top making sure that it reaches each pancake as it oozes its deliciousness down the stack.
A meal of pancakes will brighten your mood and put a spring in your step. You can share them, hog them or surprise someone with pancakes in bed. You can’t go wrong, which is why they are just so right!